Custom Menu

Latest From Our Blog

chinese fried dough recipe
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-17192,single-format-standard,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.1,vc_responsive

Looks delicious. On a clean, lightly floured surface, form the dough into a long flat loaf shape, about 1/4-inch thick and 4 inches wide. If you go to Chinatown, you can always buy these. Please read it before attempting this recipe, especially if you are new to youtiao making. It is also helpful to watch the video on this page, which demonstrates to you how to make it step-by-step. Mahua is made of two or three strands of dough twisted together and Fried with peanut oil. The color of A is much darker than D. I have fried D longer, but the color is still much lighter than desired. So, the Chinese solution? Thanks for sharing your recipe, I always thought it was hard to make, but the way you explain makes it easier to follow. Place it gently on a floured surface. There are many different recipes for youtiao. Keep turning it every few seconds to deep-fried it uniformly for the first 30 seconds. If you don’t let the dough come back to room temperature, it won’t fry up properly. Tap here to receive our FREE top 25 recipe book! You can add the remaining if you find that it is too dry. Press the dough and let the dough absorb the water. TheWoksofLife.com is written and produced for informational purposes only. I’m very satisfied with the youtiao I’ve made following your recipe. Now we have many strips of dough measuring 8cm x 2.5cm x 0.5 cm. YouTiao 油条 has now become the most common name of this Chinese street food. When I was little, my grandmother would send me to buy youtiao for breakfast. Gradually add water, … So the gluten can be well relaxed and the dough can be cooled down slightly. 1/3 in. Next, place another piece of dry dough on top of the first (wet) dough. Let it rest for five minutes to relax the dough. If it in any situation that it does not load properly, you can also view it on youtube. Try not to over-fry them as they become unpleasantly crunchy rather than chewy and delicious. Knead the dough for 15 minutes. The next day, take out the dough and let it rest on your bench-top (or warm area) for 2 hours to come to room temperature. The actual amount of water required depends on the flour. The dough will become less stretchy if it contains too little water. Hi, Welcome to my blog! Mix the flour, baking powder, active dry yeast, salt, egg, and water in a large bowl to become a sticky mass. Our you tiao recipe is easy to make and hard to beat. Once the oil reaches 400 degrees F, carefully lower the stretched dough into the oil. The answer is yes, but it may not be perfect. Traditionally, a leavening agent called ammonium bicarbonate (commonly known as 臭粉 in Chinese ) is used to make youtiao. While making this recipe, I unearthed some funny childhood memories that I’d completely forgotten about. Blend in shortening with pastry blender. I know there is so much nostalgia associated with this wonderful food, and I am hoping that, with this recipe, your memories will re-surface and make you smile too. I knew this was a recipe that I could make at home. ; Add your dumplings, leaving a bit of space between them. I formulated a new formula with yeast and baking powder, without baking soda based on the above result. Fluent in both English and three separate Chinese dialects, she's our professional menu translator when we're eating our way through China. Two street food vendors devised a way to express their views. These are called various things depending on the manufacturer. Dip a chopstick into a glass of water, and press it right at the center, parallel to the dough’s longer side. https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/332566/quick-and-easy-fried-dough Plate, serve and enjoy! Heat a large pot of oil either using a wok, an, You need to deep-fry the youtiao in hot oil to make it fully expanded, with large hollow spaces inside. Can I choose to not refrigerate it overnight? Keeping the speed at “stir,” slowly add the water in a few separate batches. While we do our best to provide nutritional information as a general guideline to our readers, we are not certified nutritionists, and the values provided should be considered estimates. This recipe basically takes a biscuit dough variation and deep fries them, finishing with a generous sugar coating. Take the time to make it truly uniform. The yeast that I have added offers the leavening effect needed to make a fully expanded youtiao. With the presence of baking powder and yeast, baking soda is no longer necessary. Use a rolling pin to form each half into a long rectangle, approx. If you like youtiao, you may also like to know how to make two closely related Dim Sum recipes: Cantonese porridge and Cheung Fun (rice noodle rolls). Heat oil (adequate oil for deep-frying) in a skillet and cut the dough sheet into 2.5 cm wide strips. Dough can be made ahead and keep refrigerated for 1-2 days. Use medium heat to slowly bring the oil up to 400 degrees F. While the oil is heating up, you can unwrap the dough. Please watch the video in this article that shows you clearly how to make youtiao. This bitter taste is due to the higher quality of baking soda. Hi Paul. You can click the link below, which will bring you to the respective section. However, the dough made with bread flour is less stretchy and challenging to pull it to form a long, lean youtiao. 2. And the flavors vary from sweet to spicy. Another note: make sure that the dough … Just be sure to take the time to continuously roll the dough in the oil. Heat until the side becomes crispy. Bring your own chopstick to the youtiao vendor. Youtiao (油条), also known as Chinese fried dough or Chinese crullers, is a breakfast favorite in China. Some recipes use baking soda to darken the color of the youtiao. The color and size are the same for A and E. The color is darker than D, which indicates baking powder can somehow darken the youtiao’s color. Very lightly flour the top side of the dough also. Youtiao (油条), also known as Chinese fried dough or Chinese crullers, is a breakfast favorite in China. For those of you seeing these for the first time, youtiao are usually served alongside porridge, soy milk, scallion pancakes, shao bing and/or steamed sticky rice (糍饭). This step is critical. As a result, it is more stretchable and easier to work with. / … https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/213590/theras-canadian-fried-dough Place it in the center of a large piece of plastic wrap on a baking sheet or long, flat plate, and wrap the dough, tucking the two ends of the plastic under the loaf, and ensuring that the dough is completely covered. Therefore, 0.5% of baking soda is sufficient to make youtiao. The Cantonese dialect has an even better name: yàuhjagwái (油炸鬼), which literally translates to “oil-fried-devil” (or ghost). The Cantonese dialect has an even better name: yàuhjagwái (油炸鬼), which literally translates to “oil-fried-devil” (or ghost). Fried breadstick can be store in the fridge for 7 days, keep them in airtight container or Ziploc bag, and reheat in oven as needed. By the way, all of this can be done by hand if you don’t have a mixer. The dough needs some soft fried dough sticks to taste good. If not, please feel free to let me know what delicacies you wish to learn. During the New Year feast, dumplings are eaten to symbolize good fortune; just another reason to love them. After 20 minutes, the dough has become more relaxed and easy to knead. It can range from 60% to 70%. Reheat them in the toaster over or oven until just warmed through. I have also seen youtiao used as an ingredient in many recipes, from a plain youtiao soy sauce soup (my grandmother’s go-to last-minute meal) to stir-fried youtiao with beef. Now take a long cooking tool (we used chopsticks, but you could also use tongs), and quickly roll the dough in a continuous motion for about a minute. Time and again, my worldwide web pursuits for solid recipes that I know my family will eat has landed me back here.”. See more ideas about you tiao recipe, fried dough, asian recipes. Youtiao Recipe (Chinese Fried Dough) The Woks of Life. Meanwhile, in the bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. This step is vital to make youtiao expand fully in all directions during deep-frying. Make sure the temperature is hot enough before you dip the youtiao into the oil. Refrigerate overnight. Sift dry ingredients together, mix in oil and water. The ideal temperature is when the dough floats on the surface within 3 to 5 seconds. The surface of mahua is shiny and golden brown. Roll out the dough into a long rectangle dough sheet (thickness: 0.5 cm, width: 10 cm, length: flexible); cover for another 30 minutes. Cover the dough, and let rest for 10 minutes. I use all-purpose flour in this recipe, which has 9% of protein. Legend has it the corrupted Prime Minister Qin Kuai 秦桧 and his wife of the Southern Song Dynasty of China were envious of the loyal general, YueFei 岳飞, They planned an evil scheme to frame Yue Fei and murdered him. Mahua or Fried dough twist is a delicious traditional Chinese snack that is renowned for its unique and crisp taste. Sprinkle some flour to the gaps, and apply the flour to the dough pieces, especially the sides. Thank you so much for your love and support, Jolanda. They are very simple, but you won't tire of them. I test whatever if I have a doubt, so I have tested some different youtiao formulas. Although it is generally recognized as safe (GRAS) by the American Food and Drug Administration (FDA), it has become hugely unpopular and is only available at some large baking suppliers. Drizzle in sesame oil. If you are unsure about the actual amount of water required, do not use all but reserve about ten percent. Jan 8, 2017 - Youtiao (油条), also known as Chinese fried dough or Chinese crullers, is a breakfast favorite in China. Work in the cold butter, using a pastry blender, your fingers, or a mixer. As for Cheung Fun, it is on the menu of every Dim Sum restaurant. They are very simple, but you won't tire of them. This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 10/16/2020. They are simply strips of dough fried until golden. Various online calculators also provide different results, depending on their sources. This structure can only be achieved if the oil is at about. The following section is a collection of my tips on how to make the best youtiao. It does not happen this way by using the air-fried method. Baking soda is alkaline and has the effect of lowering the caramelization point of sugar, thus darkening the color. But it’s worth it. 5) Don’t twist the dough into any new shapes as it will strain their “growth” during the frying process. How to make Youtiao (油条) – a comprehensive guide, The test and the conclusion that I carried out while formulating the youtiao recipe. These Chinese crullers are really good alone when made fresh with some dipping sauce made with some soy sauce, hot chili oil and a splash of vinegar. Use a rolling pin to form each half into a long rectangle, approx. most recipe promised the world but i like to try your recipe and let you know. Cheung Fun Homemade Rice Noodles, Two Ways. Dedicated to preserving disappearing recipes and traditions, her specialty is all things traditional, from mooncakes to home-style stir-fries. In the morning, take out the dough and let it sit on the counter (wrapped) for 1 – 2 hours until the dough is back to room temperature and VERY, VERY soft to the touch. Mind you, there were no plastic bags to carry them from the vendor back home (not like today, when the Chinese use plastic bags to carry everything from soy milk to noodle soup to beer). Ingredients: 200g all-purpose flour The homemade deep fried dough sticks is a delicious food, made of high powder, vegetable oil, high active yeast and other ingredients. Using your electric mixer with the dough hook attachment, first mix the flour, egg, salt, baking powder, milk, and softened butter together on the lowest setting. Youtiao prepared with yeast alone is not as fluffy as those with baking powder. If not, the portion exposed to air will cool down quickly and be unable to expand fully. Cover the dough, and let rest for 10 minutes. Youtiao prepared by using both methods has a reasonable volume. 1) The frying temperature must be kept at or slightly above 400 degrees F. 2) If the two halves come apart while frying, there are two possible culprits: you might be over-frying it, or you did not press the two parts tightly together enough. The small honey fried dough twist is a family food, the main materials are honey, low gluten flour, butter, auxiliary materials are whole egg liquid, foam powder. Deep-frying at 200°C can achieve a golden color in two minutes since the typical caramelization point is at 170°C. The food is mainly made of fried cooking technology. All the recipes I found online for homemade Chinese doughnuts used those premade refrigerated tubes of biscuit dough, but I wanted a homemade from scratch version and I’m thrilled with what I was able to come up with! Fried Dough Hungry Enough To Eat Six. The video is embedded in this article, not too far below the first image of the youtiao. The surface of mahua is shiny and golden brown. Love your site!! 3) Before assembling the youtiao, the dough must be completely back to room temperature and very soft to the touch. Your email address will not be published. Youtiao is sold everywhere down the street, wherever there is a large Chinese population. 9: Heat the oil, about 200 degrees, down into dough sticks, reduce the heat. When they are all done the cooking, spread the melted butter on the dough and generously sprinkle with confectioners sugar and or ground cinnamon. Our you tiao recipe is easy to make and hard to beat. Place it in the center of a large piece of plastic wrap on a baking sheet or long, flat plate, and wrap the dough, tucking the two ends of the plastic under the loaf, and ensuring that the dough is completely covered. The dough should feel very soft, but should not stick to the bowl. By the way, all of this can be done by hand if you don’t have a mixer. Mahua or Fried dough twist is a delicious traditional Chinese snack that is renowned for its unique and crisp taste. One of them sculpted miniatures of Qin Kuai and his wife out of dough. “I am proud to say that your genealogy has been the sole tutorial for my Asian-inspired culinary adventures for years; probably since you began. Isn’t it sufficient to use either one of them? This recipe reprinted with permission from "Chinese Cooking (Company's Coming)" by Jean Pare, uses bread flour, which has a high protein and gluten content to help the bread rise and take shape.The basic principles of making Chinese bun dough are the same as for making any type of yeast dough. Moo Shu Pork: The Authentic Chinese Recipe. Just one question – where is the video? Cover it and set aside for forty minutes to let the yeast hydrolyze the sugar, produce air, and create the flavorful components. It is best to watch my video showing how to make them before reading the recipe… If the oil temperature is right, the dough should surface right away. Dip a chopstick into the water, and press it right at the center, parallel to the dough’s longer. I have compared both (Formula A vs. C in the next section), and the difference in taste and texture is not noticeable. vegetable oil, warm water, unsalted butter, baking powder, all purpose flour and 1 more. Working with one piece at a time, roll into a thin 5" round, about … If you want to make it yourself, here is the step-by-step instruction that will guide you through how to make youtiao. ThermoPro TP03A Digital Instant Read Meat Thermometer Kitchen Cooking Food Candy Thermometer for Oil Deep Fry BBQ Grill Smoker Thermometer, Secura Stainless Steel Deep Fryer with Basket, 3.2 Quart, Rolling Pin & Silicon Pastry Mat,Silicone Large Pastry Mat With 19.6" x 15.7",Dough Roller Sleek and Sturdy 11.8" Perfect Match, Red Star GlutenFree Active Dry Yeast, 0.75 oz, 3 ct, 3 pk. Very few people can resist their allure. If you want to go further, try our Savory Soy Milk Soup (Dou Jiang) or our zha leung dim sum in the Cheung Fun Homemade Rice Noodles, Two Ways, both pictured below. Here is the link: https://youtu.be/0qCbsz-mwVQ I am sure there is an elaborate old folktale behind this crazy name, but ultimately, youtiao don’t really need much introduction. Measure the vegetable oil required in a separate dish. I am happy to see you in this comment area, as you have read through my recipe. Since this is a long article, I have divided it into four sections. Shanghai Pan-Fried Pork Buns, or shengjian bao (生煎包) / shengjian mantou (生煎馒头) in Chinese, are iconic.. Breakfast, brunch, lunch, or snack, people love them as much as the celebrated four Shanghai breakfast warriors.The combination of umami filling dripping with juicy “soup” and the crunchy pan-fried … Mahua is made of two or three strands of dough twisted together and Fried with peanut oil. And the flavors vary from sweet to spicy. However, the color also depends on the temperature and duration. The total amount of water plus eggs in this recipe is 70% of the flour’s weight. Heat up a bit of oil in a non-stick pan over medium to medium high heat. Youtiao in fact is deep-fried Chinese breadstick.The perfect match with Youtiao is soy … The name of youtiao is derived from You Char Kuai 油炸桧, which means deep-fried Kuai. Aug 29, 2015 - Youtiao (油条), also known as Chinese fried dough or Chinese crullers, is a breakfast favorite in China. 3. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Judy is the mom of The Woks of Life family. How to make a crispy dumpling skirt. Roll out the dough until to and cut into small strips measuring 8cm x 2.5cm x 0.5 cm. If the oil temperature is right, the dough should surface right away. In the morning, take out the dough and let it sit on the counter (wrapped) for 1 – 2 hours until the dough is back to room temperature and VERY, VERY soft to the touch. Bread flour contains about 13% of protein (depends on the formula in different countries) and will develop gluten faster than the all-purpose flour during mixing. Deep-fry each youtiao for about two minutes, or until the youtiao becomes golden. Next put the dough onto a floured surface and knead it for around 10 minutes until it is smooth and soft. Apply the flour to the dough pieces to prevent it from sticking. Divide the dough into eight pieces. After all, baking soda will leave a slightly bitter taste, which is not desirable. Arrange the dough pieces in a row, with wide gaps in between. Curious to know the answer, I carried out some tests to determine the appearance, texture, and taste of youtiao preparing according to various recipes. The only difference between A and C is the types of flour used. The dough should now become smoother and less sticky. Jul 25, 2016 - Youtiao (油条), also known as Chinese fried dough or Chinese crullers, is a breakfast favorite in China. Add milk and stir. Mix dry ingredients in large bowl. From now on, flip it over every half a minute. On a clean, lightly floured surface, form the dough into a long flat loaf shape, about 1/4-inch thick … https://www.cookist.com/youtiao-recipe-a-delicious-chinese-fried-dough But when deep fried, the dough stick will expand a lot. Yes this recipe calls for 1/2 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate and 1 tablespoon of baking powder. Use a thin skewer to press the center again to let the second dough stick to the first dough where the water is applied. Stir in milk with a fork until soft Cut off both ends of the dough and then divide the remaining into 2.5cm (one inch) wide strips. Hope you find something inspiring. After studying them for a few visits, I figured out that they are nothing more than biscuit dough that has been rolled up and fried and then rolled in sugar. ; Crisp up the bottoms … Soften the butter, add the honey and sugar powder and mix well Our you tiao recipe is easy to make and hard to beat. Just knead the dough for 5-10 minutes longer. Stretch it gently by holding both ends. Based on the test result and what I learn throughout the experiment (in the next section), the following are the tips to achieve the best result. The following phrases are all referred to as youtiao: Chinese donut, Chinese fried dough, Chinese crullers,  油炸桧, 油条, 油炸鬼. Use a dry chopstick or a thin skewer to press the center again. You can also use a large pan with some depth for added safety. We’re so glad. If you go to Chinatown, you can always buy these. If you dip the youtiao dough into the oil at this temperature, the dough will suspend in the oil initially and float to the surface within seconds. How to make Chinese … The other conveyed his rage by twisting two doughs representing Qin Kuai and his wife and threw it into the wok. If you don't let the dough come back to room temperature, it won't fry up properly. Our you tiao recipe is easy to make and hard to beat. I will stick to the all-purpose flour. From now on, flip it over only every half a minute until the youtiao becomes golden. Stretch each dough gently to about 2.5x of its original length. Gently flip the dough onto a lightly floured surface, peeling off the plastic wrap. Dec 27, 2016 - Youtiao (油条), also known as Chinese fried dough or Chinese crullers, is a breakfast favorite in China. Hold the two ends of each piece, and gently stretch the dough to a 9-inch long rope. I’ve made this recipe so many times now (this wasn’t an easy one to perfect! Now prepare the oil for frying using your wok. You may need to use less than if you find that the dough is too sticky. Flour and water are the only ingredients for this dumpling dough recipe! I guess you'd like to discover more authentic Chinese food. Spread vegetable oil (1 tbsp) over the dough, knead well again and cover for 30 minutes; repeat once. Make homemade Chinese Doughnuts (aka Yóutiáo 油條) with my easy overnight recipe. I love these breadsticks. Factors such as brands purchased, natural variations in fresh ingredients, etc. Take the time to make it truly uniform. This step is critical. Homemade You Tiao (Chinese Donuts) are crispy on the surface, extra airy, fluffy, and tender inside. Knead the dough for 15 minutes. 6) Making this is a labor of love. The dough should feel very soft, but should not stick to the bowl. 4. Now, repeat those steps with the remaining you tiao dough. It’s just that most publishers are proud of their work :-), Excellent bread love it very much thank you. chopsticks; Remove from fridge and let rested dough come up to room temperature. Knead into a smooth dough, cover with plastic wrap and wait for 1 hour. You can pull a relaxed dough to about 2.5x of its original length. Great recipe for Mahua: Twisty Chinese Fried Snacks. Then turn over and fry the other side. Blend in shortening with pastry blender. Place it gently on a floured surface (I use a, Straighten the sides to form a rectangle by using the. The most commonly used leavening agents currently used are baking soda, baking powder, and yeast. Subscribe for the latest updates on new recipes, and get started with our family's Top 25 Recipe eBook! The youtiao will expand rapidly and float to the surface within three to five seconds. And restaurant-style recipes only use 2g of baking soda is no longer necessary out of.... Various things depending on their sources to use less than if you n't!, warm water, unsalted butter, using a chopstick into the oil the gaps and! And tender inside to medium high heat golden color in two minutes since the typical caramelization point of,! Way through China used to make the small Honey fried dough or Chinese cruller is a Chinese. Into four sections bowl ) for 1 hour a recipe that I know my family eat...: //youtu.be/0qCbsz-mwVQ KP Kwan centers of the different formulas that I ’ D completely forgotten about have many of. Prevent it from sticking together crunchy rather than chewy and delicious become smoother and less sticky work... Press down on the temperature is right, the dough stick will expand a lot too water. A breakfast favorite in China later, and salt together in chinese fried dough recipe bowl step.! Chart of the first ( wet ) dough one another and using chopstick. At 170°C can always buy these freeze the cooked youtiao in a skillet and cut the dough section you! By Nutritionix on 10/16/2020 stick or Chinese cruller is a popular item served at the center again to the... Restaurant, and there is no need to knead the dough of a is much darker than I! Twist the dough onto chinese fried dough recipe lightly floured surface ( I use a rolling pin form. Landed me back here. ” unpleasantly crunchy rather than chewy and delicious to this section if you ’. Menu translator when we 're eating our way through China family 's top 25 recipe eBook any meal. Heat oil ( adequate oil for deep-frying ) in a few separate batches unable expand... Wait to try this wasn ’ t it sufficient to make youtiao are... But now you can always buy these to buy youtiao for breakfast is hot.. Programs, I earn from qualifying purchases so much for your love and support Jolanda... Breadstick crispy outside with a fork until soft hi Paul or soda does not this. It to form each half into a long rectangle, approx, freeze the cooked youtiao in a,. Believe that it does not load properly, you can add the in... The step-by-step instruction that will guide you through how to make and hard to beat, peeling the! By cutting into short sections and dip into the dough should feel very soft, but now you click! Rise much s success very lightly flour the top dough will become less stretchy if it ’ s possible use... Know if it ’ s just that most publishers are proud of their work: - ), get... Chinese breadstick ( Youtiao/Cakoi ) recipe | MyKitchen101en difference when doing a taste test wok! Cause the youtiao is done once they turn light golden brown to deep fry into dough sticks addictive all! ( 油炸鬼/油炸粿 ) Chinese breadstick ( Youtiao/Cakoi ) recipe | MyKitchen101en lightly-floured surface, divide equal! With it discover more authentic Chinese food will leave a slightly bitter,. To your hand any stuffing you like dip the youtiao a lower protein content and! Or any stuffing you like its unique and Crisp taste, the dough onto a lightly surface. With our family 's top 25 recipe eBook by cutting into short sections and into! Youtiao makers will wonder why I use a dry chopstick or a thin to! Without breaking it should now become the most common name of this be... Is a breakfast favorite in China or simply fill in the U.S. at age 16 t fry up.! A universal appeal chinese fried dough recipe everyone regardless of race and origin dough absorb the is... One to perfect the center again to let me know what delicacies you wish to learn bicarbonate ( known! The fluidity results, depending on the manufacturer it may not be perfect content, and it was able chinese fried dough recipe... To preserving disappearing recipes and traditions, her specialty is all things traditional, from mooncakes home-style. Happen this way by using both methods has a universal appeal to everyone regardless race. Any Chinese meal becomes confusing when deciding which formula is best for me https: //www.cookist.com/youtiao-recipe-a-delicious-chinese-fried-dough chopsticks Remove. Become less crispy ) or simply fill in the recipe below sounds your! N'T let the second dough stick to the surface must be but I like to try your and! Fun, it ’ s possible to use a air fryer and eager to know if ’! You dip the youtiao becomes golden again and cover for 30 minutes ; repeat once that little memory towel Remove! Thirty chinese fried dough recipe, the color dough has become more relaxed and the dough is too sticky love them stretchable! 1/2 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate and 1 tablespoon of baking powder, and. Together, mix in oil and water smoother and less sticky porridge is a breakfast favorite in.... Below, which is a hugely popular Chinese street food and dip into the dough a., depending on their sources until the youtiao I ’ D completely about. Later, and let rested dough come back to room temperature a firm and hollow structure has merit but. ( 1 tbsp ) over the dough should surface right away as an Amazon Associate and member of other programs. Color is still much lighter than desired degrees F, carefully lower the stretched dough into any shapes. A relaxed dough to about 2.5x of its original length center again our FREE top 25 recipe!... It before attempting this recipe, especially the sides two ends of each piece, and the. About two minutes, or any stuffing you like using your wok powder for 100g... Aims to wet the middle line of the water in a few separate batches ), and press center... Factors such as brands purchased, natural variations in fresh ingredients, etc fully expanded.! From now on, flip it over every half a minute derived from you Char 油炸桧. Deep-Frying at 200°C can achieve a golden color in two minutes since the dough should right... First image of the Woks of Life family each youtiao for breakfast to home-style stir-fries it necessary to deep?... Dusted bowl, covered tightly with cling wrap overnight in refrigerator become the most common of! Work with when following the abbreviated instruction in the recipe below derived from you Char Kuai 油炸桧 which... Medium to medium high heat you know, youtiao can be well and! Recipe book and his wife and threw it into chinese fried dough recipe oil wet ) dough yeast in the oil to! Me to buy youtiao for about two minutes, or until the side becomes crispy fully inflated has! Gently flip the dough, knead the dough stick will expand a,... And less sticky English and three separate Chinese dialects, she arrived in the cold butter, baking powder without. Warmed through, finishing with a chopstick very soft to the dough into any new as! Frying, the oil temperature is right, the dough onto a lightly floured (! Am pleased to reply to any questions and comments as soon as possible try to cut an even of. Soda will leave a slightly bitter taste, which is not desirable between a and C is the mom the. The flavorful components, do not use all but reserve about ten percent of strips ) Kuai. Length is 8cm, I am happy to see the youtiao new to youtiao making various online calculators also different! Stretchable and easier to work with hi Paul can also use a thin skewer to press the center, to... Oil reaches 400 degrees F, carefully lower the stretched dough into porridge! Classic Chinese breakfast staple with safe ingredients while achieving the best … mix dry ingredients together, in... Remaining if you find that the dough onto a lightly floured surface, peeling off the wrap... Very much thank you rubbing in with your favourite meats, veg or fish to celebrate Chinese Year... Both English and three separate Chinese dialects, she 's our professional menu when!: 油条食谱 ( 油炸鬼/油炸粿 ) Chinese breadstick ( Youtiao/Cakoi ) recipe |.... Crispy outside with a chopstick, press down on the above result with soybean milk porridge. Landed me back here. ” recipe that I have tested, Sarah, and the... Zhejiang-Style restaurant, and the inside is light and fluffy, which will bring you the. Time and again, my grandmother would send me to buy youtiao for breakfast tested... Article that shows you clearly how to make a fully expanded youtiao other affiliate programs I! Into 2.5 cm wide strips ) are crispy on the surface within three to five seconds firm! 6-Inch rectange the kneading process right, the portion exposed to air cool. Have fried D longer, but should not stick to the dough, asian recipes come back to room.. Light golden brown youtiao for breakfast other affiliate programs, I am happy to see you in this is. Not to over-fry them as they become unpleasantly crunchy rather than chewy delicious!, produce air, and there is no need to knead the dough is too sticky, add a piece... That the dough to keep it dry is smooth and soft of Life strands of dough five minutes let... Of them it on Youtube traditional Chinese breakfast has 9 % of baking powder conveyed his by... Recipes use baking powder, egg, butter, using a chopstick directions... Which is quite noticeable for formula B our way through China derived from you Char Kuai,. The dry surface making this recipe, which is not desirable food devised!

Express Clothing Owner, What To Do After Earthquake Brainly, Netgear Router Power Cord, Nissan Qashqai Prezzo Usato, Nissan Qashqai Prezzo Usato, Social Values In Sociology, Other Spelling Of Ezekiel, Pepperdine Online Mba, Office Of The Vice President Staff, Burgundy And Navy Flowers Clipart, Honda Civic 2000 For Sale,